Elgin Double Bubble Clocks
This beautiful clock was often in Watch and Jewelry Stores, this Elgin Double Bubble Clock would have been seen back in the 1940’s through the 1960’s.
In 1864 The National Watch Company in Chicago, Illinois, set up shop to make watches in the growing young city of Elgin, Illinois, some 30 miles west of Chicago. Later in 1874 the Company officially changed it's name to Elgin National Watch Company.
This beautiful Elgin Double Bubble Clock get its nickname, “Double Bubble”, because there is an inner crystal or glass bubble which displays the company logo, the hands of the clock are sandwiched between an outer crystal or glass bubble which usually displays the numbers on the clock.
No batteries, they are all electric, in fact, we went back to the original movement maker and purchased our movements from that company. All parts are interchangeable with the Original Elgin Clocks.
Glass Bubble Dome
54 Inch Electrical Cord
No Assembly Required
14.5 Inch Diameter